Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Editing Begins to Wind Down


LUND--I worked on the film from about 0830 until 1730 today, taking a brief break to eat a sandwich, shower and take a walk to the second hand store around the corner to see if they had a bookcase. Then back to the desk. Tonight we'll watch the whole thing for the first time in a while and the last time it was about 15-18 minutes. Now it is pretty much at its full, 50 minute length. It has a beginning and an end. Now, all that is left, and I am sure it is quite a bit, but still, it is now a matter of some fine-trimming and the adding of sound: voice overs, music, etc. I have already been working on the DVD menus and the basic graphic design for the case which is now in the much-more-capable hands of Jesse Ewing. I can think of all the things I would have liked to have filmed, the things I hope to do better next time and what I would do if this was a two hour instead of one-hour movie. But soon it will be done and I look forward to wrapping it up, calling it done and done well, and moving on to the next chapter, the next photo essay, the next film.

1 comment:

Lena said...

After a nights sleep - yes, it really is a damn good documentary. I'm very impressed.

Favorite interveiws: cute doctor and fisherman father, the long one.

Favorite photage-collage: clams and coconuts. Haven't seen that one before, I really like it.

Favorite transition: beach to San Salvador. And hospital to beach - that little girl pretending to be shy but really being a posing diva is just wonderful.

Favorite laughing moment: muddy shoes.