Sunday, June 1, 2008






LUND--A little over two years ago I spent four months in Central America working and studying and traveling with Katy Kropf. It was in El Salvador that I was introduced to the coastal fishing communities that I would make the documentary film about I recently finished. After we got back to the US I put all my energy into that project and, more or less, the only negatives and digital files I worked with were those relating to that project. The other three and a half months of negatives have been neglected. The other day I went in the darkroom here at Hemgarden, the local community center and printed these. I photographed them then and in low light so they are less than sharp. But at least it is a start.

4 comments:

Blair said...

That top one is gorgeous.

Andrew said...

Thank-you. Those mountains are in Guatemala outside of Quetzaltenango (Xela). It was an incredible hike and some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. I miss it.

Lena said...

The 100 meter high hill we climed Saturday wasn't enough to satisfy you? I bet the mountain in Guatemala didn't have a giant bull waiting for you when you came daown.

Andrew said...

Well, I did think when climbing those in Central America of starting my own NGO, "Partnership For a Flatter Guatemala." I don't think the same is needed for Skåne as, while that was quite a hill, it might have been the highest point around and when I took the Guate one we weren't even halfway to our highest point of around 10,050 feet! The bulls here in Skåne, however, are something else, and I would prefer to keep a large mountain in between me and them as their balls are larger than most Scanian hills.