Wednesday, May 7, 2008

That's A Wrap....!

LUND--I believe I finished the film today. It was a beautiful day here in southern Sweden and I was bound and determined to go to class but this is also a week where Lena goes to work late and comes home even later so I got up early, as it were and began work. At a certain point where it comes down to class (language school) or continuing when the editing is going well I chose the latter, knowing that I could finish, today, with one last push.

I ran into a few problems earlier, forgetting to lock a few audio clips in place but, luckily, I noticed before I had saved much. I went on and the hours went by. I was adding some crucial scenes I had shot illustrating child labor in El Salvador: children working in a home bread factory, in the markets and, most dramatically, in a municipal trash dump. I cut these with statisitcs from the International Labour Office (ILO)/International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC) and then adjusted the sound. And then it was done. I called my friend Matt, another American here in Sweden who just bought his first rangefinder and he came by with the requisite supplies and we solved the problems of the world and some of its lenses.

Jesse Ewing sent the final drafts of the DVD covers and it was pretty much a full day. Manana I WILL go to class and after that back to the darkroom for a long-overdue printing session with the paper Michelle sent me from the U.S.

1 comment:

Lena said...

More and more people wanna watch it. Time to arrange a little showing-get-together in Sweden?